Paper is inherently inefficient, and technology is helping to eliminate the rolls and rolls and reams of paper our industry wastes on a daily basis.
LET'S LOOK AT A FEW INNOVATIVE WAYS CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES ARE ELIMINATING PAPER TODAY...
- One of the biggest time-sucks on a job site is the paper timecard. Foremen who should be in the business of marshaling labor productivity are instead chasing people around the job site to find out when they showed up, when they left, whether they had all their breaks, and whether or not they got hurt. All of this can and should get digitized. Here’s a hint, click here to see how STRUXI can help.
- Construction companies are eliminating double entry. Enabling job site employees with direct access to automated data loads to the ERP that prevent errors and eliminate the need for paper, emails and excel spreadsheets to be sent back to the office to be re-keyed.
- In addition to eliminating double entry, this reduces timecard adjustments since it reduces the chance of keypunch errors that would have occurred in the double-entry process.
- Tech innovator PlanGrid built a digital hub that allows everybody to work off the same drawing in real-time and collaborate around them on a fully digital platform.
- You can also digitize the RFI submittal processes, and you should be using digital tools to substantiate change orders with video and photographs.
IT DOESN'T STOP THERE THOUGH.
These are just a few of the thousands of use cases for digitizing paper on construction jobs that are possible today, and the common push-back we hear when we suggest moving away from paper is that people just aren’t going to embrace technology.
IT'S TIME FOR A DIGITAL WAKE-UP CALL.
In the age of COVID-19, grandmas and grandpas are successfully ordering groceries online and playing bridge on Zoom meetings. It’s time to give your teams a little more credit for their ability to adopt new technologies.
If you introduce digital tools and show your teams how they will make their lives easier, they're going to embrace technology, and it will be a much more seamless transition than you may have ever expected. The results are impressive as the productivity savings are massive.
IN THE END, YOU'LL FIND YOUR TEAMS ASKING, "WHAT TOOK SO LONG?"
WANT A LABOR PRODUCTIVITY SOLUTION THAT HITS THE MARK?
Want a labor productivity solution that hits the mark? Click here to see how STRUXI can save the day!